Sunday, August 12, 2012

To the alter and down the cove

I may be overwhelmed with work and trying to fit in as much of Discovery's Shark Week as possible, but I found myself in a romance sort of mood today. So I flipped on the PS3 and searched through Netflix's recommendations and what should I find but two actors that I enjoy watching: David Tennant & Kelly Macdonald in the feature, The Decoy Bride. Tennant plays this writer suffering from writers block who is to wed this famous actress (currently set to take her retirement and trying to avoid the press). They go off to a Scottish Island that they believe to be remote and hire a decoy bride (thus the title of the film) to throw off the paparrazi. One thing leads to another and the decoy and Tennant end up actually married and trying to find the real bride on an Island full of paparazzi. The movie is absolutely adorable with great advice directed at the heart broken of us out there (myself included). Some great quotes from the movie that were a bit uplifting were:
* A life spent making mistakes, 
is so much better than a life spent doing nothing. 
*It's better when people love you back.
It's a great and light-hearted movie and of course I may be biased with my heritage but I'm a sucker for both British and Scottish accents <3 
I give The Decoy Bride a 8/10! 


No comments:

Post a Comment