Friday, July 13, 2012

Running late!

I have watched several movies since last  I updated:
I'll just do a quick run down of these movies, starting with the worst; Coriolanus.

Coriolanus starring Gerard Butler and Ralph Fiennes (two very fine actors) is the story of... Well, it's hard to say as I turned it off less than half way through. While I thought this film would be one I would distinctly enjoy, it was not at all what I thought it would be. When I rented it I thought I could over look the obvious factor in this whole thing, the action bit (for those that know me well, I'm not a huge action fan... I tend to lean towards horror or drama). The movie follows Ralph Fiennes who is a decorated war hero who is leading Rome against an attack against a rebellion (led by Gerard Butler)--however, the twist is that it has a MacBeth-ian twist to it. All the characters talk in tones remenescent of Shakespeare's MacBeth. Overall, from what I saw, I gave the movie a 3/10. Not one I would try to dare watch again, at least not sober.

Next up on the list would be... We Need to Talk About Kevin. I think that the talking hath passed, my lady. This movie focuses on a Mother/Son relationship that is very troubled. The son is inherently evil but only around his mother, everyone else believes Kevin to be this perfect angel, this of course by the end of the movie, is found to be completely untrue by the lot of them. I enjoyed this film because it provided a different take on movies and was a refreshing change of pace from what is usually out there. All-in-all I would have to give We Need to Talk About Kevin a 5/10.




Finally, Before and After starring the ever wonderful and always talented Liam Neeson and Meryl Streep, also Edward Furlong, was a beautiful movie about just how far a parent would go to protect their child from whatever horrors the world has to offer or that the child has brought onto themselves. I really enjoyed this movie and would have to say that it deserves a 7/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment