Sunday, August 5, 2012

Shark Week!!! Not really...

So I finally finished my Breaking Bad-athon, season 3 & 4 all in one weekend! Yay! Go me! Anyway, I saw this little treasure from 1977, Tintorera: Killer Shark. The movie is a foreign film with general highlights from the 70's:
  • Men in tight swim suits, we're talking daisy dukes here. I'm not complaining, I wish (for some men) that they still wore these swimsuits. But alas...
  • Cheesy music and even cheesier catch-phrases. 
  • Followed by cameras on butts and tits all the time. Because what film from the 70's wouldn't be complete without good looking men, and even better looking women (who happen to be loose).
Now don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with any of these points mentioned above, but this movie has them in abundance. Along with sharks. The real fun in this movie comes with the sharks because it has real footage of real sharks, supposedly Tiger Sharks (or Tintorera). There is some comedy in this foreign film as well as plenty of nudity.  As always there is some antagonist who has gone and pissed off the local shark population (this time by shark poaching) and the sharks feel angry! Rawr! This is not something I would watch in a serious mood, it's just too silly. Anyway, this movie receives about a 3.5/10. Worth watching if you're in the mood for something light and silly, not frightening at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment