Friday, August 17, 2012

That spark that keeps it alive

This week has been bananas. Simply put: I lost my best friend and the love of my life, started fucking up at things I thought I was good at, found out I have a potentially lethal syndrome, got stalked by a man on a motorcycle (who tried to run me off the road and then followed me into my neighborhood until I lost him), and now here I am... I did however, get the chance to watch a couple of movies. RomComs, but hey!


So the first movie I watched was All's Faire in Love starring Christina Ricci, Owen Benjamin, Matthew Lillard, as well as other notable actors and actresses. This movie was kind of a pick me up and a little bit of an idea booster for me this week. The Jock, played by Owen Benjamin is about to fail a class unless he agrees to be Fetch boy at a Renaissance Faire, so to stay on the football team he goes. He finds himself fallen for Christina Ricci's  character who is a actress and has come to the Renaissance Faire also for the first time. Shenanigans and jokery abound in this RomCom set in a different setting. Who would've thought that someone could find love at a Renaissance Faire? Honestly, I'm quite excited to say I will be attending a Renaissance Faire this fall and who knows, maybe--just maybe--something like this will happen to me. By the by, Matthew Lillard delivers a stellar performance, hilarious and charming all in one, definitely one of his better roles since Thirteen Ghosts. This film would have to receive.......7.5/10!!!

The second movie I watched brought me to tears and kept me chuckling, Lovers in a Dangerous Time is a Canadian movie and really the only thing that was disappointing to me was that they didn't say "Eh" enough... And the ending, but I won't spoil that for you. I think I would've liked the ending more had my own ending been slightly different. This is the story of two childhood friends who drift apart after High school but reunite during their 10 year reunion. I won't go into too much detail as it is a very simple story and too much will ruin it for you, I will say if you don't like not so good footage, then you shouldn't bother with this one. I gave this one a 5/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment