Sunday, September 2, 2012

Your head is WAY too small...

I finally got around to pulling out my grandfathers VHS tape of Eyes Wide Shut. Stanley Kubrick is anything but conventional and this movie is completely sexual. Nicole Kidman and Tom Cruise play as a upper class family in New York during Christmas and it is revealed that Cruise's wife, played by Kidman, though never actually cheating on him had had thoughts of infidelity. For some reason that gives Cruise the idea that it's okay to cheat on her. He ends up finding himself in ridiculous situations, including talking to an attractive hooker and ending up in an orgy cult. The whole movie was going well and I thought that though jumbled, the ending would hopefully redeem itself, possibly with Cruise getting beheaded as should be because the mans head is just WAY too small for his body, I mean really out of proportion. Unfortunately, the movie just ends and leaves you wondering WTF? I would've liked to see more but it felt like the entire movie was not planned out very well and could've been better. All in all I would give this a 6/10, as I did enjoy the content overall.
Man's head is so disproportionate! 

No comments:

Post a Comment